Monday, July 23, 2007

Microsoft Tech.Ed SEA 2007: Should I Go?

I have always loved Microsoft Events. I've been to Microsoft Mobile & Embedded DevCon (MEDC) both 2005 and 2006. Looking at their event page, I don't think this year they are going to organize MEDC 2007 here in Kuala Lumpur since MEDC 2007 Singapore was over. Anyway, other Microsoft events that I've been to includes:

I could have been to a lot of other Microsoft Seminars and Events but I decided not to because I'm not going no where career wise last time plus a lot of them are not free. If there are free seminars and events I would definitely go because I love freebies! Hehe..

So, what is Microsoft Tech.Ed? If I am not mistaken, it stands for Microsoft Technology Education. If you are a tech junky, you'll definitely know about this program. I've heard of it many times but after looking at the price, it turns me off. I know that the education is valuable but I'm not going to use it anytime soon so why bother, right? Besides, you can always search for information and test out new stuff that Microsoft has come out for free online especially if you are a developer. Well, that's only true if you treat it as a hobby and not for business purposes.

In business, these kind of programs are treated as an investment to add more value to their employee's skill set. If I were to look for a job that requires a lot of Microsoft product knowledge, I would have invested in learning all the Tech.Ed stuff. So far, I haven't done that yet because I get overwhelmed and confused so often when deciding on this. Have you ever had the feeling of wanted more and more but you can only do so much. In the end you'll get back and do the stuff that you are really comfortable and good at instead of the one you've discovered that really interest you. It's all come down to knowing what you are good at, don't you think so?

The company that I work with at the moment has already bought a few tickets for their staff to attend, so I might be going. I still love freebies though.. ;-)

Freebies I got from last events


Resource link - TECH.Ed SEA 2007: Turn "doing your job" into "making your mark"

No comments: