Friday, July 20, 2007

PHP Meet Up 3.0 at FTMSK UiTM Shah Alam

This Saturday, 21st of July 2007, I am going to attend a meet up that is going to be organized the Malaysian PHP Community.

It's been a while since my last attendance to any technology related seminars. Since the venue for this event is at my former university, I think I will have no problem finding the place. Apart from that, Laadvamore stays at the hostel just behind the faculty which I go there almost every weekend to see her but of course, she has to wait for me finishing the entire talk if she wants to ask me to go out.

I don't have any formal web programming qualification nor education about server-side scripting but I do have basic PHP knowledge which I've learned from W3School myself. The only PHP scripting I know is limited to Wordpress blogging software but I have a few plans of developing my own modified Wordpress plugin and themes later on.

Highlights from the program agenda which I'm looking forward to is:

  • PHP in the business world

  • Scriptaculous Drag and Drop Demo

  • PHP vs Ruby

  • PHP system in Government Agencies


I guess ZeMMS might be interested to listen about How To Bake Cake using PHP afternoon talk. I had download CakePHP a while ago but I had no idea where to start or even understand what the package is all about. I think I would rather stick to Wordpress for now. I'll try and network with the people I'll meet up over there and see how things go. I'm guessing it would a be very eventful day for me.

If you are interested to join, register yourself here and I'll see you there.

4 comments:

crynobone said...

See you there...

nurul said...

you know,i tried laerning php by myself.it was damn hard.i still don't what the heck to do.haha.

Randy said...

I hope you have fun and enjoy being involved in the community from a professional stand point. Rock on and live the wave .... the wave of gaining in technology and networking.

ZeMMs said...

Dang.. got a futsal tournament yesterday so i can't join. So did u go? How was the meetup?