Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Day Trip To Kuala Lipis

This weekend, I'm slowing my pace a little by spending my time at home. It seems like every weekend, I'm off going somewhere or doing something outside. It's kind of a good thing but being out means more money going out. Anyway, last weekend I went to one of my friend's wedding at Kuala Lipis, Pahang. I've never been to that place before so I was looking forward to that trip.

My journey started at Rawang, accompanied by Laadvamore, we braved ourselves through the roads of Genting Highlands where Laadvamore got kind of sick and threw up by the roadside. It was a 3 hours drive with my car's odometer indicates 175km since out last pit stop but we finally arrived at a place where I've never set foot on. Armed with Laadvamore new Sony Ericsson W700i, I took some pictures along the way:




Interesting facts about Kuala Lipis (source: Wikipedia):

  • Kuala Lipis was the capital of Pahang until 1953

  • The current Deputy Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak and Malaysia's renown Datuk Siti Nurhaliza was born there



The thing I've missed is:

Malaysian pop diva Siti Nurhaliza and her family still live in Kuala Lipis and the house she built for them became the talk of town as it was rumoured to cost millions of ringgit. It has now become a tourist attraction. The town council even provided directions to the house on a signboard and made parking space for tour buses available near the house. Recently, her wedding reception for friends and fans here was made an official function for the whole town by the council.


That's a reason to go back to Kuala Lipis, oh yea..the bride's friend is a friend of mine. I wonder when is she getting married. She's still single, anybody interested..ekeke.. ;-)

2 comments:

NI-LIMITS said...

You should have come to the office and done some work instead then! :-)

Zul said...

My best mate (who kept on boasting about Siti being in the same village) is also from Lipis. I've been longing to visit the place, but don't know when the chance will come. One day I hope I'll be there.