Wednesday, August 15, 2007

When Opportunity Knocks

Recently, Zul from SkorCareer.com wrote an article on 5 Reasons Why You Need To Find Another Job. I think employers will have a difficult time retaining them if their employee read and take into considerations all the points on the article. I'll summarize the points down below:

  1. You may own the profession but you donĂ¢€™t own the company.

  2. To find the life time opportunity, you need to look, and not wait for it.

  3. Expand your network

  4. Make more money

  5. Learn to give back to community



I find that all the points above is relevant and it should be practive whenever you get the chance. This year has been a very busy year for me. Earlier this year, I landed on a new job. I wrote a couple of blog posts during the journey at that time:



This month will be my 6th months on my new job and something had came up. One of the most difficult thing to do is to make decisions. In order to make that decision, questions need to be answered. It is tough but it needs to be done eventually. I guess something new will happen and I look forward to it when it finally comes and definitely will.

3 comments:

Zul said...

Wow. Now I realize you have quite a lot of interesting rambling about your career. On your latest development, yeah, occasionally we will reach a point where we need to decide which direction we want to go.

Whatever it is, good luck. And just keep on writing cause I find your sharing very informative and interesting indeed.

Ashrufzz said...

Thank you for the encouragement..I will certainly write more stuff after this. Got loads of stuff on my draft lists already. All that needs to be refine and edited before published. ;-)

Ashrufzz Reality Adventure » Blog Archive » My Second Career For This Year said...

[...] hang out a little while before I even consider making a move to change job. However, in one of my previous post an opportunity came by and I had to grab it before it is too late. Then again, all of my previous [...]