Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I Got So Nervous

Yesterday, I received a phone call from a company I had forgotten I've sent out my resume to them. The caller, most probably the secretary or the reception officer called me while I was walking to my office and she briefly told me the to come to their office the next day and prepare a 10 minutes powerpoint presentation slide about my university final year's project. I had a lot of questions to ask her but I was busy walking so I just said okay and that was the end of it. I have no idea where my project were and I don't really think the project it is relevant to the job I am applying. I'll let you know about the job positions in my next post.

I then shot a thank you e-mail to the company I went for the interview the day before and the rest of day was an overwhelming feeling of nervousness. I had no idea why I felt so nervous, I never felt this feeling for quite a long time. During the evening, the company who interviewed me called me and asked me to come to their office this weekend and show them what I've got. This had lead me to rethink about going to the next day's interview over and over again.

After having a good night sleep, I've decided not going to the interview today because it doesn't suit what I'm looking for. So, now I need to make sure that I can impress and not screw up this weekend's evaluation with the company I had the interview with. Now my success would be determined by my creativity and skill that I've been practicing. I'm working hard on it as you are reading this.

No comments: