Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Day Trip To Ipoh

Last weekend, I went to Ipoh for a day trip. I've planned this trip for 2 weeks already however I was kind of in a tight budget so my trip had to be in a minimal cost as possible. I've never been to Ipoh by bus before, I've been on a day trip by bus to Butterworth last year. I've brought along my digital camera so I'll let you see a glimpse of what I've experienced.




My trip wasn't so bad. It cost me RM13.30 for a one way trip using MARALiner Express bus. The seat were comfortable and the leg room is quite big. In my old days, these kind of seats are considered executive seats and cost more. Anyway, I parked my car outside of Jalan Duta Bus Station (there's free parking but you park at your own risk), get on the bus and I'm off to Ipoh. My journey starts at 9am. Almost three hours later, I arrived at Medan Gopeng Bus Station somewhere before Simpang Pulai if I'm not mistaken. I didn't actually arrived at Ipoh town but I was on a mission to someplace else which I have no idea yet because I had to wait for my host to bring me to the place where ever that is at that time. Here's a few shot of Medan Gopeng Bus Station. At least this bus station has air conditioned compared to the other bus station I've been to.




Less than an hour later, my friends and I arrived at Hutan Lipur Sungai Salju located somewhere in Batu Gajah:




We had to climb all away to the top with all of our food before we can reach the waterfall. Seeing the waterfall was a really refreshing experience. Eventhough it was raining a little bit, I enjoyed every moment of it.

We then left the waterfall, had some spin around the outskirt of Ipoh and head back to the bus station for some snack. My bus was at 7pm and I arrived safely back in Jalan Duta Bus Station in KL at 9.30pm. By the way, I took Transnasional express bus and their seats are quite cramped. I pretty much preferred MARA Liner better. Total cost of the trip was less than RM50 which was cheaper than my weekly date trip in KL. I think I should take the bus more often. ;-D

No comments: