Wednesday, June 27, 2007

So You Think You Can Dance..Geek!

When I first watched So You Think You Can Dance America, I would have never guessed 8TV would bought their franchise and did So You Think You Can Dance Malaysia. I have great respect for those dance performer because their dedication, hard work of practice and their passion. This is one of the reason when I first met Laadvamore, I fell in love with her because she's so passionate about dancing, which makes her so special to me. Did you know that passion can be contagious?

It was not until a good friend of mine asked me to join him to a dance studio 3 weeks ago. At first I rejected his idea but eventually I changed my mind. I became curious to know what it's like being in the dancing shoes. My friend didn't go for some cheap aerobic style dance class, he chosed a premium one, Linda Jasmine Performing Arts Studio just next to Ampang Point Shopping Mall. So, there I was in a dance studio paying RM50 for the membership fees and for the class I've chosen, I need to pay RM110 per month.

Linda Jasmin Dance Membership Kit
Linda Jasmin Dance Membership Kit
 

The dance class I've chosen is called fusion dance. It's been conducted by the lovely Pamela Chong. Pamela is Vince's (Akademi Fantasia 1st Winner) sister and she is 'da bomb'. It was unfortunate that my class wasn't being conducted by the owner herself, Mrs Linda Jasmin herself but after seeing her conducted a class, I was thinking twice about it. I even heard that she can be so mean. Being a dancer is tough, I mean really really tough. It demands physical fitness, proper technique and a lot of practices. I can't even swing my feet properly let alone dance according to the step Pam has showed. My whole body got sored by the time my first class ended. Here's a few picture of the dance studio stolen from SuperStalker:

I finally decided to call it a quite after the second class because I realized one thing, my body is so stiff. The only time I've ever been athletic was when I was back in school, that was just for some marathon run which was compulsory for every student. It wasn't much of a marathon because it's only like 5 - 10 km of running around. Still, I am blessed with the health that I have. However, I need to work out some more if I want to keep on being healthy.To cut my long story short, I find dancing fun, exciting and very good for me. However being a self-proclaim geek, it's kind of hard to break off from the habit of laziness. I need some motivation, I think Laadvamore can help me with that, right darling? ;-) Some related links and info about Linda Jasmine Performing Arts Studio:

  • The Official Launch of Linda Jasmine Performing Arts Studio

  • Linda Jasmine Joint Yahoo Group


  • Linda Jasmine Performing Arts Studio Sdn Bhd
    23C, Wisma Ampang Triangle 2,
    Off Jalan Ampang,
    68000 Ampang,
    Selangor Darul Ehsan.
    Tel: 03-4270 1777
    Fax: 03-4270 4550

    14 comments:

    ZeMMs said...

    Oh shucks.. me and my bro have been thinking about joining the dance class since last year.. but we never did after considering time constraints.

    ps: were there many "hot" chicks in the class?? >:D

    Ashrufzz said...

    There were plenty of "HOT" chicks over there. The only thing is most of them are still in school.

    I just cannot believe how well they dance. I was hoping to get to know those "HOT" chicks but I got embarrassed of my poor dancing move so I lost my interest of trying to make friends with them.

    I forgot you are from Ampang. I should have asked you to join the trial class with me. One of the girls were complaining are why there are so few male student dancers joining the class. I guess the guys are intimidated by too many "HOT" chicks I supposed..haha..

    ZeMMs said...

    OMG schoolgirls!?? uuu i like schoolgirls... young and innocent.. and like you said.. HOT.. damn u really made me jealous..

    Anyway, I wonder what kind of dance do they teach over there? The AF kind, clubbing kind, or ballet (God forbid)? or just about anything?

    Whatever it is I'm gonna blame you for life for not inviting me to join the trial class... i don't care.. hehehe

    hennssui said...

    Hi i just want to ask how to join the "So You Think You Can Dance Malaysia" but im not malaysian hope you can help me thank and good luck!!!

    Ashrufzz said...

    Find out who's the organizer is and ask them. I think one of the judges for SOYTYCD M'sia is not a Malaysian..

    syazwina said...

    linda jasmin,where is the dance class?

    heidi said...

    berape fees untuk ni!!!

    Ashrufzz said...

    Last year it was RM110 per month. Dah tulis dah pun kat dlm blog entry tu, terlepas pandang ler tuh.. ;-)

    wawa said...

    best tak sane??

    if me ni chubby2 .
    boleh join ke?

    myra said...

    jom la joint 2gether2...

    aibi said...

    hey....is it that hard.baru je tepikir nak join dance class tp bce je blog entry ni jdi tkut lak.....susah eh?

    Ashrufzz said...

    Aibi, why don't u buy this 1st http://www.dance-mat.com.my/ If you can reach the advance level, you are fit to join. If not, better luck next time I guess..haha..

    arlene said...

    hay would like to join but hmmm what kind of danceing like hip hop free style n all or i donno sorry kinda new n have not dance in 8 years

    hanie said...

    Linda Jasmine????? I dont think she can really dance..