Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Trying Out Safari Browser

All my life, I've always been a Windows user. So if you ask me to use other operating system such as Linux or Mac, I can always use it but the comfort level would never be the same as using Windows. However for Internet browsers, now that's different. I've tried most of the browser that is available for download but I've never tried Safari browser. When Apple decided to give away their beta version of Safari 3 public beta browser, I downloaded it. So, what is so special about this browser and is it suitable for me?

Another reason for me to download is because I need the latest Apple Quicktime that is bundled with Safari browser download package since I just installed a fresh Windows XP SP2 on my computer. I tried and install Ubuntu as a dual boot on my computer but something went wrong so I decided to scrap that idea and just stick with Windows. I'll write about that in a special blog post.

While downloading, I was reading my RSS feed using Google Reader and found this:

I almost ditched my downloaded Safari browser installation file but I decided to install it anyhow. I wasn't really going to use this browser permanently so I gave it shot.

I like the fonts and the User Interface (UI) that Safari browser renders. It looks similar when using FireFox on Ubuntu and also when we use Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista, everything looks so nice to the eye. What I don't like is, it slows down my PC. Until I can afford a faster PC, I don't think this "eye candy" software would benefit me. Still, it's a great alternative for a change. I don't think web developers and designers would welcome this browser as that would mean another change to the source code.

1 comment:

ZeMMs said...

It's weird that you mentioned u like the fonts. Most Windows users find it awful.. as safari doesn't use cleartype fonts. but yes the browser is elegant :D