Monday, June 04, 2007

Enterprise Asia 2007 Business Networking

The Putra World Trade Centre Kuala Lumpur is just 10 minutes drive from my house. Since my company was generous enough to give me a holiday last Friday, I decided to go somewhere where I could find out something new. Where else could I do that if not by attending trade shows. Besides, my brother's company had a booth there so I hang out together with him at this event:

Enterprise Asia 2007


It's a pity of me not having a proper business card (I guess I should have prepared my business card earlier before attending any events from now on). I had to fill up a form at the registration counter and for every booth that I went, if I needed something, again I had to fill up my details on a piece paper. Anyway, there wasn't much interesting booth that I was really interested. There were a lot of small industries such as traditional medicines, medicated instant coffees, cosmetics, light foods but not in the web development or the IT industries.

My brother's company was under the flagship of MSC booth. They showcased product that my former company was representing. You'll know what product I'm talking about if you have read my About page.
MicroCorp Sdn Bhd Booth

I had a nice chat with the Managing Director and my brother's company Manager. They were interested on meeting someone who had the knowledge and experience of what the application can do. Since I am attached with another company, I can't really do much with them except keeping pace with my brother at home. I actually envy my brother because the last time he left the company where I was, he wasn't really looking for a job. While I had to search all around looking for a replacement job, he just lazed around at home and suddenly got a phone call from the company's Managing Director and they immediately hired him after they met him. He got paid more too, however he doesn't have the luxury to drive 10 minutes to work like I do. Well, I guess we are pretty much even somehow.
Mega Property Showcase

Downstairs from Enterprise Asia 2007, there was a Mega Malaysia Property Showcase. The real estate industry in Malaysia is huge. I never really thought of that. There's so many condos and houses all around. I wonder where I will land when I have my own family one day. ;-)

1 comment:

Ashrufzz Reality Adventure » Blog Archive » My Second Career For This Year said...

[...] months ago, I met the Managing Director of a company that hired my brother at Enterprise Asia Business Networking 2007 event. After he met me, he was quite interested to get me to join their team. I was a bit hesitant [...]