Saturday, March 10, 2007

My Web Hosting Account Got Doubled

Yesterday I got an e-mail from the sales department of my web hosting which I've recently purchased to host this blog. The e-mail announcement starts like this:

Dear Valued Customer,
We have increased the capacity of our Premium Hosting accounts by over two times! And we are giving you a unique opportunity to get a Premium Hosting account for FREE!


I was like "What's going on here?". I haven't set up an e-mail account yet. So, I logged into my web host Cpanel and saw this:

ash-webhost-use.jpg


As you can see, my disk space is now 5GB. That is 4GB more than what I purchased. Let's make some comparison:

php0h-plan.jpg


Now, what the hell am I going to do with that amount of storage? Plus, they add more 150GB of traffic monthly bandwidth. This is too much if you ask me. All I wanted was a reliable web host that could host a couple of my other domains and a couple of MySQL databases. Most cheap webhost that I was browse shopping would only give me 1 MySQL database and I don't like that.

Since the free .com domain is part of the package. My ashrufzz.aisyshop.com domain is not registered with my details:

ash-registrar.jpg


Oh well, I can always transfer it whenever I want. I'm thinking of purchasing a local web hosting plan, well that would be next year I guess. For now, at USD2.99 or RM10.50 per month this web hosting package is providing me more than enough. So now, it's time to utilize it to the max baby!

2 comments:

Ashrufzz Reality Adventure » Blog Archive » My New Google Page Rank said...

[...] bought my domain name which came along with the package of webhosting at Byethost on 23rd February 2007. So, that would [...]

Ashrufzz Reality Adventure » Blog Archive » Getting To Know Your Real Web Host said...

[...] by reading their brief description but I couldn’t find any cheaper and better feature than what they are offering. Now that I now know where my blog is physically sit, I can now rest assured that I’ve made a [...]