Friday, March 30, 2007

How To Be Comfortable In Front of Your PC

If you spend a fair amount of time in front of your PC at work or home, most of the time you are not aware of you bad habit. If you don't know what your bad habit is, maybe it is time to take an ergonomic course (click on the image to open up a new browser window and start the course):

Ergonomic Course Online



A few weeks ago, a colleague of mine went to see a doctor because he had this slight numbness on his hand. It was told that he might have carpal tunnel syndrome as he used to sit in front of his PC most his waking time and holds the mouse all the time. Since then, he takes regular break in between jobs.

Numbness of the Hand



I'm too also guilty of having a lot of bad posture habits in front of the PC and I'm working on to practice good ergonomics as I spend a lot of time in front of the PC too.

But what about people who are using laptops? I used to work with a laptop and I'm thinking of buying one soon (I had to give the laptop back to company when I changed job). The angles might be different but I guess you will know how figure out yourself though.

1 comment:

Learning Design said...

I like what you guys are typically up too. This type
of clever work and coverage! Sustain the nice works guys I’ve added you guys to my personal blogroll.