Saturday, March 01, 2008

Getting My Feet Wet Into Project Management

Last week was a very intense week for my job career. Thanks to my boss, I was dragged into becoming one of the team member for a major project the company is now handling during a workshop that my company organized at Residence Hotel last week. Not that I'm complaining (and I'm still surprised of it), I've always been fascinated by how big projects are being handled. When I was in my third year of my diploma in Mechanical Engineering, there was one subject that has been always been my favourite which was "Operation Management". The textbook alone had so many examples of real life working environment case studies and the most interesting sub topic inside the textbook for me was Project Management (PM).


Operations Management Text Book
 

Over the last couple of years, I've read a few e-books about project management. One of them discusses about IT Project Management and the rest was some general Project Management. I must say that eventhough it may seem complicated at first, but once you have slowly digest all the information, it's not really about having high skill sets, it is all about knowing the right information and understand what to do in handling any situation that might occur. Anyway, the initial learning was a gruelling moment that I'll never forget and that is just the beginning of it. There's more to come.


Project Management Text Book
 

I'm just a beginner in this Project Management field but I do know that it will be a very challenging but rewarding opportunity that I'll treasure for my lifetime.

No comments: