Thursday, March 20, 2008

2 Webinars in A Month

It has been a while since I've attended any seminars. The last would be during a conference my company sponsored a table top. But that doesn't stop me from attending seminars. Nowadays, you can even attend a seminar from the comfort of your own office desk or even your bedroom with the creation of Web Seminar or better known as Webinar.

Armed with only your flash configured browser or special software and a decent broadband internet connection, you can attend or even held a webinar. So on the 5th of March which was last 2 weeks, I attended "MarketingProfs B2B-2.0 EXPO". Since the webinar was hosted in the US, it was almost midnight from where I live but I was still at my office doing some last minute assignment. Here are some screenshots of the webinar I've taken during the webinar:

B2B 2.0 Expo 2.0 Main Area
B2B 2.0 Expo 2.0 Main Area
 

Since this webinar is using flash, it requires a little bit of download time and also consumes most of my underpowered Intel Celeron M notebook processor. It does kind of annoy me especially when my so called broadband internet somehow drops in between.

B2B 2.0 Expo 2.0 Booth
B2B 2.0 Expo 2.0 Booth
 

The booth are not the kind of booth you see at normal tradeshows and seminars but at least you can get information easily by just clicking and it automatically insert information inside my virtual briefcase. The only thing that I don't like is how the sales chat is handled, it was so slow to load.

There's also some free gift in a form of free PDF information download and stuff. Well, I did download some of them but it'll just add more collection to my PDF junk inside my laptop. They did follow up by sending me e-mails but I won't really bother on their offer and stuff since I'm not seriously in need of such services yet. I'm just there to gain a new experience.

Pre-Training Webinar

 

Last night, I attended another webinar. This webinar is supposed to be done at my office since it's related to my job but I had the permission to do it at home since the webinar is held after my office hours. Furthermore, I need to make a recording of this webinar to be shared with my team mates so I need a stable internet connection. Apparently, my internet connection at home is much more stable than my office.

I missed 10 minutes of the introduction to the webinar because I misunderstood the instruction which required me to call a toll free number in the US. The webinar was held on Microsoft Live Meeting and I thought the audio would be included. I then remembered that I can use Skype to make phone call to the US and lucky it went through since its toll free anyway. Check out the video below to see the webinar live in action inside of my own bedroom:


ARCHIBUS Pre-Training Webinar @ Home from Ashrufzz on Vimeo.
 

I'll have more events going on the next following weeks so I'm looking forward to that as well.

No comments: