Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Visit To Malaysian International Space Adventure (MISA) at Putrajaya

My inner self was yearning to write this blog post but was held back by my busy work schedule. I can of course write it during my most productive hours which apparently are during my working hours but that wouldn't be ethical right? I guess I should have use the 'Timestamp' feature and pre-write most of my blog posts and publish it on a timely schedule. Then again, it's not really a critical thing to do.

Last week's Saturday night after the national voting period was over, it was a hectic night for my family where we camped in front of TV until almost 2am just to check on the poll result. I also checked the most updated poll count online at the online version of the local online newspaper vendors. I guess everybody did the same as I did which was to click on the refresh button every now and then and received a 500 server error. It seems like my local online vendors are not designed to receive such spike in web traffics.

Getting back on course here. Last week's Sunday, LV came back her hometown after casting her vote and brought back a pair of complimentary tickets to enter the Malaysia International Space Adventure (MISA). I am always a big fan of science fiction, I love watching space series such as Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Star Trek. A couple of week ago, I watched last year's movie Sunshine. It's a movie about re-igniting the sun which sounds ridiculous however the movie still managed to gross almost USD32 million worldwide.

Theoretically speaking, space adventure requires a great ordeal of patience simply because travelling is time consuming. Just imagine this, sunshine itself needs almost 8 minutes to arrive on Earth and light speed is 3×108 metres per second. My country's recent space visitors, Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor (I met his father in a personal development seminar 4 years ago, a very enthusiastic old man I must say) although the International Space Station (ISS) is just 400km from earth, it takes about 2 days for the space shuttle to dock onto the space station eventhough the space shuttle has a lot of acceleration power. Not to forget that the ISS is moving about 5 miles/second orbiting the earth.

Enough space talking here, let's move on with my visit to MISA. I've documented my visit using my Sony Ericsson W810i Camera Phone:


 

At RM38 (25% Discount for MyKAD Holders) for a normal entry ticket, I must say that it is rather expensive. If not for the complimentary ticket, I don't think I'll even consider coming to this exhibition. Most of the exhibition halls are uninteresting, the interactive exhibition toys are all either damaged or doesn't work anymore. The most interesting part that I found is the 4D theater which only lasted after 20 minutes.

This exhibition has its last day today.

2 comments:

NoktahHitam said...

dont bother going. Loads of crap really. If you want to visit a Space Center, go to Houston.

Its like eating Western Food at a Mamak Stall, doesnt make sense and taste so-so.

ps: your post is quite decent, but why does it look deserted? (no pun intended)

Ashrufzz said...

Yeah..thanks for your comment. More rooms for improvement I guess ;-)