Saturday, March 08, 2008

Casting My Vote for The National Election Day 2008

Today is a very significant day. It was my very first time to vote for my country. I'm really not into politics but one vote can be a deciding factor for the fate of the country and since I'm already a registered voter, so it's a responsibility for me to do so. I've been living in the Batu, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur Area for the past 12 years. My grandparent house is just 5 minutes drive from where I live. They migrated from the nothern region and came here in the 1970's and stayed here since then. Not to you all about my personal life, this blog is where I write about significant thing that happened in my life, so today I'll write about the reality of what I've experienced during today's historical event.

Batu Parliment Area
The Area Where I live
 

I never really knew who is actually going to represent my place. My area is also listed as one of the Malaysian Election Hot Seats. So it might be interesting to see what will the outcome would be. It was just this morning I did some Google search to dig some information about who am I going to choose. Typical last minute habit that is kind of engraved inside of me. I'm not going to write anything or any comment on the recent election campaign, however I'm interested to get to know who is actually buying in for the area where I live. Here are some list of link that I've found out about the candidate for my area:



I don't want to stuff my brain with more information anymore so I think that's enough information to make a deciding factor. I know it's not fair to just have information that might not be true, but then again why waste more time and energy when you can do other productive stuff. Let's move on with my voting reality walkthrough:

My Voting Information Note
My Voting Information Note
 

This piece of paper was given to me by my mother. My IC address is located at my grandparents house because previously I don't really have a permanent address.

Barisan National Booth
Barisan National Booth
 

I skipped and walk by this booth because I don't want to be associated with them. Better be on the fence, I think it's much safer..haha..

Keadilan Booth
Keadilan Booth
 

For some strange reason, this booth was deserted. It was rather peaceful during the entire time I was there.

SPR Check-In Area
SPR Check-In Area
 

The policemen and the SPR official ushered me to the check-in booth first before proceeding.

SPR Check-In Station
SPR Check-In Station
 

I handed my IC and the vote information note to the official and they gave me a number for my voting station.

My Voting Station
My Voting Station
 

I then walk to my assigned place. Each voting station has a policeman guarding the place.

Restricted Area
Restricted Area
 

Instruction were placed at the classroom door.

Waiting for my turn to vote
Waiting for my turn to vote
 

Inside the room, I handed over my IC with the vote information note. The station master would then read my name out loud and then I was given a piece of ballot paper.

My Voting Ballot
My Voting Ballot
 

I only had to choose between the 2 but I can't tell you who I voted for. It remains my secret of course. I know that the SPR needed some kind of tracking mechanism to smoothen their operation but I wonder why there's a serial number at the ballot paper itself. The school classroom got me nervous when I was entering my ballot paper inside the transparent voting box. It reminds me of my examination moment during my school years. I never liked exam.

All in all, it was a great experience. I'll definitely be doing this again 5 years from now. Looking forward for the result announcement tonight.

2 comments:

Afif said...

Camon dude, fess up. I know you voted for the opposition. It's okay, don't be shy!

Ashrufzz said...

All I can say is..Akaka..