Thursday, December 27, 2007

Putrajaya Immigration Department Doesn't Accept Passport Application

It has been a very lonely week at my office. A lot of my colleagues including my immediate supervisor is taking advantage of the year end to take their paid leave days before it get confiscated by the HR department. I on the other hand, am trying to save up as many paid leaves since I've just joined the company 4 months ago. So far, I haven't applied any day leave yet.

Anyway last Friday, because nobody supervising me except for the passcard which recorded my attendance time, after spending some time reading about how to make my Malaysian passport on the Immigration Department of Malaysia website. I might be flying to meet some international client most probably next year. So, I need to prepare myself just in case my company decided to send me out somewhere.

After my Friday prayers, I went off to Putrajaya Immigration Department office with a mission to make my own first passport. It is rather sad of me not being able to fly out of country. The last time I flew out of the country was with my family when I was 5 years old. Since then, I'm stucked in this country physically but I'm out on the web all over the world eventually. Just next to the building, there is a free parking space so you don't have to worry about parking fees.

Putrajaya Immigration Office Building
Putrajaya Immigration Office Building
 
Putrajaya Immigration Office Front Entrance
Putrajaya Immigration Office Front Entrance
 

I arrived at the immigration office quite early since it was just a 10 minutes drive from my office. So, I decided to tour the rest of the building and found out that this is the place where immigrants register themselves:

Putrajaya Immigration Office Front Entrance
Where Foreign Maids are Registered
 

I then saw the flashing announcement board displaying something about the office doesn't accept passport registration. It was then confirmed that The Putrajaya Immigration Department office is only for diplomatic business and NOT FOR PASSPORT REGISTRATION! The officer I asked were kind enough to tell me that it was then too late to rush to the nearest immigration office which is in Kajang. They should have told about this clearly in their website.

Now I need to reschedule my trip to the right immigration office. Mmmm...

5 comments:

Ashrufzz Reality Adventure » Blog Archive » Getting My Passport in Under 4 Hours said...

[...] Passport before so I had to apply for one. I tried to applied for my passport last year at Putrajaya Immigration office but they don’t accept application over there. My brother applied for it last 2 years and it was done in a day so I guess this time it would be [...]

mohit gulyani said...

dear sir,
i have received appointment letter from MURPHY OIL COMPANY i want to know that the company have submitted copy of my passport and other required documents to you or not ...

thankyou
mohit gulyani
india

kinny wong said...

Can someone pls let me as follows :

1) My relative who go to US & work for 26 years & never come back, now he want to visit Malaysia for 2 weeks, but his passport was expired, wht problem his have to face if he come back. Pls reply immediately. Thanks you

Henry said...

Hello this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to
know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with
HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding expertise so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

Yuki Wong said...

I want renew my passport on this Saturday in Kajang branch office, after finished all process, can i take my passport in same day? or i wan be back to take it in others day?