Friday, December 07, 2007

Being Locked Out From My Own Blog

I was trying to log into my blog control panel and all of sudden this screen showed up:

Ashrufzz 403 Page


At first I thought my office IP address was being blocked. So I thought, maybe I'll try and access it from home and see if my home IP address can get through. Then I said to myself, "How come I am using my new found proxy server technique but still I can't access my own blog?", "There must be something wrong here!". So, using my new HTTP-Tunnelling proxy technique accessing through another web-based proxy called Guardster, I still cannot get into my blog control panel. Now this is ridiculous!

I suspect that there might be something wrong with my plugin, so I immediately went to Bad Behavior plugin blog. There it is, a download solution to my login problem. Now comes the most challenging part, replacing the plugin with the new updated one. My FTP was not working because there is a connection problem where the directory can't be retrieved. I had to do it using my web hosting control panel file manager and replace the files manually one by one. It took me longer than I thought because the download files were not being in the order as the previous plugin.

Luckily, I still managed to log into my blog eventually. Frustrated, I decided to disable the Bad Behavior plugin once and for all. It's a shame though because this plugin is good to prevent blogging spam. Without this plugin, I predict my Akismet spam plugin could easily reach thousands with the amount of traffic I received nowadays. I should have hacked into my Wordpress database and disable this plugin but I don't want to mess around with it since I haven't done my back up yet.

I can't imagine someone who doesn't have the necessary skill of repairing a Wordpress blog enduring this problem. Being blocked out from your own blog can drive you NUTS! I hope that this incident won't happen again in the future.

1 comment:

Ayie said...

I just about to try that plugins.
Akismet work well for me, but I heard Bad Behavior protect well.
I might try later.
So have you manage to log in your CP?