Sunday, December 23, 2007

Talking Can Make You HAPPY!

I'm always on the look out for cheap but valuable services. Recently, I heard of a new phone services called "Happy". A couple of days later which was on the 14th of December, utilizing my Public Bank Visa Electron (after numerous frustration of the inability to pay online on 2CheckOut) I paid RM25 for the simpack. The website stated that they'll process my order in 3 business days, since it was a Friday, I thought I would only get it on Tuesday or Wednesday. To my surprise, the simpack arrive at my office on Monday 17th of December. The simpack was so cool, check it out:

My Happy Simpack
My Happy Simpack


It is stated on the delivery mail that "TO BE RECEIVED BY THE NAMED RECEIVER ONLY" but that doesn't stop the courier service to just drop it by my office front desk counter. Luckily my colleagues are all trustworthy people so they drop the package to me after that.

Inside the package is the simcard but there were no fine print materials which usually comes with other simcard pack:

My Happy Simpack


I've already using it for 5 days but I still have a balance of RM3 because it's so cheap. Besides, I only use the service to make long calls with my girlfriend while driving back home from work and during the midnight hours. Although the RM0.99 capped for each calls can only last a maximum of 45 minutes, it's so much cheaper than Hotlink RM3/call Super Savers. I might be going to Indonesia anytime soon, I'll bring my "Happy Phone" along with me to see whether the international roaming work or not. I'm lucky of not selling my old Nokia 3100. I now use 2 mobile phones instead of interchanging the simcards. I'm so HAPPY!

My Nokia 3100
My Happy Talk Phone!

1 comment:

Zul said...

Hi Ashruff,

I'd always wanted to know if this is the real deal or not.. i was under impression happy comes together with some hidden charge or agenda before...

After asking a few friends and seeing your writing, I guess it's true after all. I might get one very soon.