Thursday, January 10, 2008

My First Google Adsense Payment Via CIMB Western Union

It's a new year for the Islamic Calendar today. I've been postponing my blog post and since it's a public holiday today, I'm going to start off my first blog post of the year with something awesome. I GOT MY FIRST GOOGLE ADSENSE PAYMENT YESTERDAY!

I just love the smell of money. This year, I have a brand new target to achieve. I don't want to call it my new year's resolution because normally it doesn't work, at least for me though. So, I just like to call it 'my target'. This is where I'll be spending most of my time planning what to do and focusing the activities around it. That target is my bank accounts!

Let's leave my bank account alone for a while so that I can write about 'How I got my Google Adsense payment through CIMB Bank Western Union'. 28 months (2 years and 4 months) ago, I registered myself for a Google Adsense account. I should have been getting paid from it a lot earlier if I were not being lazy. I'll deal with my laziness afterward. How much did I get? Well, it's only enough to get me paid though.

Being lazy as I always do, I rarely bring any pen and small paper notes around so I just snapped a photo of my Google Adsense payment particulars:

Ashrufzz Adsense Payment Details
 

I then drove to my nearest CIMB Bank Branch nearby my office which is at Seri Kembangan. Asked the customer service officer for the Western Union 'To receive money' form and filled it up:

Ashrufzz Adsense Western Union Form
 

Hand it over at the CIMB Bank counter along with my Malaysian Identity Card:

Ashrufzz Adsense CIMB Bank Verification
 

The verification took longer than I expected. The CIMB Bank officer used a card reader, then he printed out my details, took out a cash payment voucher form. He then asked me to put my thumb on the card scanner to verify my thumbprint. A few minutes later, I was asked to put my signature on the cash payment voucher to receive my hard cold cash.

Ashrufzz 1st Google Adsense Payment
 

The rate that I got was around 3.3 but I really wish I can get more of those stacks of cash. It would really make my life a lot happier. Until then, I really got to work things out this year. Credit to LiewCF for the AdSense Payment via Western Union, Received! blog post.

9 comments:

iCalvyn said...

i have taken my payment last month, there was nice, using WU no charge at all, some more fast..

but to bad, today adsense suddently disable my account

Ashrufzz said...

Your account got suspended iCalvyn? What happened? I hope mine wouldn't get suspended though..

LiewCF said...

congrats! you will get the 2nd payment and so on very soon! :)

chris said...

Mine is suspended too, but for a valid reason lol. The last collection I made was about 100 USD for 6 months,now I can't earn anything cause Google Adsense won't let me reactivate my account. urgh!

ZeMMs said...

Thumbprints?? That's weird, coz they never asked me for my thumbprints everytime i withdraw from Western Union at CIMB banks. I only had to fill in the yellow form, hand them over my IC, they check something on the monitor, and hand me the money.

Recently, one officer at the counter got curious and he asked me, "why nowadays so many people withdraw WU from Google? Why is Google giving you guys money?"

Then i just smiled... the person continued, "surely Google won't just give you money just like that, right?" And i said, "well.. it's a bit hard to explain... it's somekind of Internet revenue.. websites and stuffs.."..

Getting even more curious, he asked, "what's the occurrence of getting this money... every week?".. I smiled again... "every day????" he gets even more excited.. lol.. then i just said, "we can only withdraw at most once a month"...

I bet he's going to join Google Adsense soon after making his own investigations at home... :P

mightyhitter said...

congrat.. WU is faster, got paid around 24-26th each month..so it's a double pay day :0

iCalvyn said...

i not sure why also, send them appeal form totally no respond at all...

syamsulariff.com said...

bestnya dia dah dapat check..aku ni tak merasa lagi le :D

nurul said...

Haha.same here syam...i think it's been ages since i first joined adsense.but then again, i didn't really made the effort to maximize it.