Thursday, May 01, 2008

Why A MacBook Is Not For Me

Last Monday, I went for a meeting with my boss at the outskirt of KL City. After the meeting, we had a 3 hours gap before the next meeting. After taking lunch, my boss decided to check out the IT Heaven at Bukit Bintang namely, The Low Yatt Plaza. A junior colleague who tagged along never went to Low Yatt before so this was his first time there. He got overwhelmed by looking at so many IT products inside the mall.

Anyway, my boss owned an iPhone so he checked out The Mac store at the ground floor in Low Yatt Plaza. Inside the Mac store, I saw this:

MacBook Air Display at Mac Studio Sdn Bhd Low Yatt
MacBook Air Display at Mac Studio Sdn Bhd Low Yatt
 

Taking a closer look at the MacBook Air:

The MacBook Air
The MacBook Air
 

Testing the Mac was like the last time I tried using Ubuntu. Although it seems exciting and more fun to use Mac compared to Windows, I don’t think I’ll ever fit in being a Mac user. Here’s a list of why I will never use a Mac:


  1. Change requires time to get used to, to learn new features, to utilize it to the max thus is can waste your productive time and lowers your output productivity

  2. A lot of application I’m using is not built for Mac.

  3. A Mac is just too flashy for me.

  4. The current price for a MacBook Air is RM6229. I can get three lower end Core 2 Duo blank laptop for RM2,000 a piece.

  5. I will never convert to a Mac



Now you have it, my 5 top reason why MacBook is not for me.

2 comments:

Afif said...

I would buy it, if I only I could afford it. Let's face it, Mac OS is just so cool.

syamsulariff.com said...

haha..tak mampu lagi buat masa nie..dan menda tu pun bukan satu keperluan skang utk aku :)