Thursday, January 17, 2008

Restructuring, New Responsibilities and A New Workplace

I'm starting a new category here, it's called Career. So, instead of having all of my related jobs and career rambling falls into Personal, I now can start rambling about my job. Usually, I don't really like to criticize thing too much because I really like to be a positive thinking person. Of course once in a while, it doesn't hurt to be critical to relief those steam before it explodes.

When I first came to the company, there was no place for me to sit. I had to share my workplace with someone else until some of the practical students finished their working period and some of the other workers moved to the site office. I then acquired a temporary workplace which was right under the air-conditioner and it was freezing cold.

My Temporary Workplace
My Temporary Workplace
 

But strangely, the air conditioning got warmer and suddenly, one of the two main air conditioner on the second floor where I was located broke down. I'm used to be located in such odd office places so it doesn't really matter to me that much. There was one time when I was doing tele-marketing, the office had no chair and I had to use a drawer as a chair with a small table desk for the telephone. It was hot and there was dust everywhere. The construction workers were knocking down the wall, it was horrible. Anyway, I survived as always.

Last week, my company had an organization restructuring. No one was laid off but there were a few people who resigned. I was relocated to the business development group and there are 2 fresh graduates assigned with the group. Being a senior person, I now have to guide them through the learning curves of the business development process which is tough considering I used to be the jack of all trade last time. So, new job position, new responsibilities and best of all, new working spot:

My New Latest Workplace
My Latest Workplace
 

Well, the air conditioning is not installed yet since I'm now in a new building right next to the old one. It's warm and sweaty. At least I now have a permanent workplace.

No comments: