Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Working Day Before Hari Raya

Being a newbie in the company has it drawback. For instance, I don't have any holidays yet since I'm still under probation. I could apply for one but it'll affect my leave application in the future if I really need one. There are only 3 person in the company that doesn't apply for any leave, that would include myself of course.

What I really like when it's the holiday season especially Raya is the absence of other people. It is less crowded, it's not busy anymore and most of all, I have a lot of spaces. Too much I guess. Check out the Jalan Duta stretch which is normally jam-packed with cars during my morning drive to work and my office place:

Jalan Duta Stretch the day before Hari Raya 2007
Jalan Duta Stretch the day before Hari Raya 2007
My department is empty
No one is in my department?


A lot of my colleagues have already left town 2-3 days before today. If you are wondering why I'm still in town, I celebrate Hari Raya in Kuala Lumpur every year. My parents, my grandparents (except for my mother's family) are all living in KL. Simply saying, you can say that I am a native KL people. Still, I was born in Kedah and raised in Selangor, so can I confirmed myself of being a native KL? Anyway, I'm going back to work as usual on Tuesday. I hope next year would be different.

This year, I haven't sent any Hari Raya cards to anybody except for a few SMSes and E-cards. Well, I guess I was too occupied or is it just an excuse? Oh well, here's a card to all my muslim friends whoever you are reading this post.

Hari Raya Card 2007
"Selamat Hari Raya dan Maaf Zahir dan Batin (Eid Mubarak)"

No comments: