Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Getting My Car Fixed at Fasfik

A new car service station chain is popping up in the Klang Valley. The name of the car service station is Fasfik. I first got to know them after passing by their branch on my way to my office. They also sent flyers to my house and they advertise on a local radio. As always, being a person who always want to try out promotions and bargain plus I just got my first salary for my new employment, I went around town and found out that the nearest Fasfik service station branch is at Kepong.

Fasfik Kepong Branch


After asking the personnel and bargaining the price for a full set of tyres for my car, I managed to secure a standard Dunlop SP 490 TL 175/60/R13 tyre for RM104 a piece which include a free balancing and wheel alignment services. I then added a brake fluid change since they've offered a 50% discount on all services. My budget back then was below RM500. After agreeing on the price and services, I gave my car keys to the mechanics and hang around taking photos of my car being serviced:

My Stock Standard Proton Iswara Aeroback 1.3L
My Stock Standard Proton Iswara Aeroback 1.3L
The Car Service Job Begins
The Car Service Job BeginsMy Proton floating above the ground..
My Proton Iswara Aeroback floating above the ground..
The Mechanic sucking my old brake fluid out
The Mechanic sucking my old brake fluid out
The suction tank that stores bad oil
The suction tank that stores bad oil
My New Dunlop 175/70/R13 Tyre Set
My New Dunlop 175/70/R13 Tyre Set
The Fasfik boys doing their jobs..
The Fasfik boys doing their jobs..
My car undergoing wheel alignment
My car undergoing wheel alignment tuning
The wheel alignment pit
The wheel alignment pit
My invoice and a free wheel alignment and balancing service coupon
My invoice and a free wheel alignment and balancing service coupon


My total cost for the car service was RM465 and I paid cash. I think Fasfik gave me a really good price. I recommend them if you want a fast, good and cheap service for your car.

Although I once become a member of a car club, I don't think I am qualified to be a petrol head. I heard that a man's first wife is their car, that's not necessarily true. For me, a car is just a car. It's a mode of transportation. You'll know about how his car personality just by looking at his or her car or how much they spend on their car. Thanks to Fasfik mechanic (they spotted that my car is tilted on the driver's side), my next car service would be changing my shock absorber. That would require my car to undergo a wheel re-alignment. Lucky for me, they gave a transferable coupon for a free wheel alignment service. I'll definitely drop by their place again once I hunted down a pair of shock absorbers (again, a cheap and good one of course).

5 comments:

MQ said...

I always hate the time I need to send the car for service, definitely going to spend more than RM200 at least..huhu!

I wish money could be grown on tree and there is no-need-to-service vehicle in this world..heh!

slumber said...

I heard this fasfik had to do with Air Asia Chairman... They got money and can open many branches towards malaysia...

There is another bumiputera company who started from scratch...I always send my car there, excelent service and nice chap too... Their brand is TAM Motorsports and having 2 branches located at Prima Damansara and Kota Damansara. I have some words with the boss and they are eying for opening at Subang 2 and shah alam.

p/s- It's good to have many bumiputera involved in this field...so that we have options.

Melina said...

very interesting. i'm adding in RSS Reader

Amnan Pahamin said...

on behalf of fasfik, thanks for your review

Ashrufzz Reality Adventure » Blog Archive » Getting My Car’s Air Conditioner Fixed Again said...

[...] car to the workshop. I have this thing whenever I’ve chosen a workshop, I’ll stick to it. Since Fasfik doesn’t cover air-cond and accessories repair, I went to my regular workshop located at Batu 4, [...]