Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Freeze Craze in KL

I saw a very cool videos a couple of months ago about a freeze stunt by a group of people organized by Improv Everywhere a New York City based group. Check this out:

Grand Central New York Freeze (31 January 2008)



URL: http://improveverywhere.com/2008/01/31/frozen-grand-central/


207 undercover people involved
 

I find it very cool! Apart from that, there was also a No Pants day and over 70 missions that they've successfully launched. It has gotten a lot of mainstream media attention all over the world and it has arrived here in Malaysia as well.

Now compare what has happened on the other part of the world with the recent local attempt:

KLCC Shopping Center Frozen (30 March 2008)



 

They tried to do it for almost 10 minutes which I think is too long. They then got busted by the security guards.

Yesterday someone organized another one. This time, the event was spread mainly through Facebook (Improv Malaysia Group). The freeze lasted for 4 minutes with coverage by local media as well.

Pavillion Freeze (13 April 2008)





KL Freeze in Unison from smashpOp on Vimeo.
 

Here's another view from another perspective:

 

You can read more of this event on Zestful's blog. Personally, I don't think I'll ever freeze like what the people did just for the fun of it. I think it is somehow silly but if I get paid to freeze, now that's another story.

3 comments:

Afif said...

I would do it, just for the fun of it.

NI-Limits Blog » Blog Archive » Malaysian Technology Updates (Grids, VC and The Freeze) said...

[...] Last nut not least, and certainly not specifically technological in nature, but Syed posted an interesting story regarding The Freeze Craze in KL: [...]

Ashrufzz Reality Adventure » Blog Archive » My 2008 Re-cap said...

[...] month, I wrote some fun stuff about MacBook Air, Big Apple Donuts, KL Freeze Craze, MAC Cosmetics Girls, Sneaky Telemarketer, Office Flooding and more. I also got my first credit [...]