Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Effects of Rapid Land Development

Last Friday we witness a heavy rain which lasted more than 2 hours. The downpour causes something unusual to happen, the water seeps through the ground floor of my office area. To make things worse, the water came from the underground septic system which caused a very horrible smell.

I’m lucky my place is located on the 1st floor. I can only sympathize to those who are working downstairs mainly two person whom I know are also fellow bloggers, EstNora and Afif. Anyway, here are a few snapshots I’ve taken:

Taken from the 1st floor of my office
Taken from the 1st floor of my office
 

Septic water managed to get inside the ground floor
Septic water managed to get inside the ground floor
 

Check out the water level
Check out the water level
 

Ady Romantika wrote about Rain Inside Alamanda Putrajaya the same moment when the heavy downpour hit our area (my office is just 10 minutes away of Putrajaya). Luckily the heavy rain lasted no more than 3 hours or else we would have been forced to shut down since it was a major distraction for almost everybody. The area currently is surrounded by major construction of highways and real estates development which might have been the culprit of this flash flood we've experiencing.

This week, the ground floor has gotten their stinky carpets removed. Lucky for us, the data center wasn't affected or that would have been the worst case scenario for us.

1 comment:

Jayce said...

Wow... This is bad. Luckily data center is save. :D