Saturday, April 19, 2008

Getting My Car's Air Conditioner Fixed Again

It has been a crazy week for me. Blame it on this morning’s presentation and my latest obsession of playing Mayor in Simcity 4 game. I’ve overworked my poor old Acer Aspire 3683’s Intel Celeron M processor to the max. Hopefully my CPU processor wouldn’t give up on me yet.

Last week, I sent my car to the workshop. I have this thing whenever I’ve chosen a workshop, I’ll stick to it. Since Fasfik doesn’t cover air-cond and accessories repair, I went to my regular workshop located at Batu 4, Jalan Ipoh, KL. It has been over a month my car’s air conditioner couldn’t provide cool air especially when driving through the city traffic of KL. Car air-conditioning has been a regular issue I’ve been facing since I got my first car 8 years ago. My current Proton Iswara just got it air-conditioning back working after more than a year being without air-conditioning. Upon arriving at the workshop and popping the hood, the mechanic immediately pin-pointed the main problem my car is having. The cooling fan doesn’t work.

This had happened to me on my previous Daihatsu Charade car where I bypass the electrical wiring to save money on repairs. I don’t encourage you to do so because it will affect your car’s morning start. Anyway, back to my story, the mechanic then remove the fan and replace the motor with a new one. Apart from that, I’ve also replaced my broken odometer ever since it got changed after my car's seat theft 2 years ago. Enjoy the picture below:

My Air-Conditioning and Accessories Repair Shop
My Air-Conditioning and Accessories Repair Shop
 

My broken Air-Conditioning Fan Cooler
My broken Air-Conditioning Fan Cooler
 

The repair workplace
The repair workfloor
 

My dashboard being removed
My dashboard being removed
 

My Broken Odometer
My Broken Odometer
 

My total bill came in at RM305 altogether. RM185 for the new odometer, while RM110 for the motor fan repair. Hopefully this time, my car's air-conditioner will last long.

1 comment:

Rockon said...

Hi...
nice picture