Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Implementing Sugar CRM for Sales and Marketing Use

I guess being used of multi-jobs/multi-tasking for a company creates activities that is quite beneficial. As always, I've moved on to do something else already. This time it's called Customer Relationship Management. You can read all about CRM at Wikipedia. I decided to learn about CRM after the event last 2 weeks, now that I got all the contact lists, I am left with questions such as:


  1. What should I do with all these leads?

  2. How am I going to manage it?

  3. What tools can I use to make my marketing and sales job more easier?

  4. Is there any ready to use FREE CRM web-based tool that I can install and use straight away without a steep learning curve?



Based on my experience, if you have a software whether it's a windows-based or web-based, you don't need to read all those thick books that explains stuff from A-Z and take weeks to understand about the subject. You just need to play around with it for a while, getting used to it and applying it. It's just like playing Monopoly. So, after Googling around, I found out about SugarCRM. It's basically a web-based package that has all my answers to the above questions. To add further convenience, the application has a free open source download package (same as Joomla) and the installation is easy (if you can install Joomla, you'll definitely know how to install SugarCRM).

Two days after I've installed and putting in data into it, I've actually mastered almost 70% of it's use. The only thing I need more is more data to build up my database. Here's a screenshot of how my SugarCRM Dashboard looks like:

SugarCRM Dashboard Installed on My Web Server


I was surprised by this web-based CRM engine when looking at it under the hood. It has all the CSS and AJAX components which is really cool. You can change the colour of your theme instantly by selecting the colour tab at the above page. You can also set the size of your font and drag and drop the dashboard box. I was blown away with it's features and capabilities.

Now, the next thing I need to learn is to try and find ways of how I can implement this system and train the staff to use this application in my company. Sometimes, I just can't believe an IT company or even worse, a web-based application developer company that doesn't use CRM to track their sales and marketing activities. At the moment, I am the only one that is using this system in the company. Oh well, I'll give it some time for me to get used to this system and then I'll show my boss about it.

I just love web-based tools! Especially FREE ONES! ;-)

5 comments:

Nicolas Cary said...

I would encourage you to check out the CRM solution provided by PipelineDeals. It is tremendously easy to use and has amazing sales team adoption rate. It is simply the most approachable system available. Happy Holidays!

HeavyGod said...

Really good and really interesting post. I expect (and other readers maybe :)) new useful posts from you!
Good luck and successes in blogging!

Ian from Raunchywear said...

SugarCRM is one of the most mature Open Source business solutions available today.

Raunchywear Swimwear and Lingerie has been using SugarCRM for managing our promotional campaigns and customer service obligations since 2006. We love SugarCRM.

Nice post.

Berbaremmorlecy said...

hey :-)
its very reasonable point of view.
Good post.
realy gj

thank you ;)

Ashrufzz Reality Adventure » Blog Archive » Oracle Demand Generation Training @Sunway Resort Hotel said...

[...] love the part where the Customer Relation Management system usage that Oracle themselves are using. I’ve implemented an open source CRM but hardly use it. There’s no harm in trying after learning all of what the sales training [...]