Thursday, November 08, 2007

Conference Co-Sponsor at The Ritz Carlton KL

After I've convinced my company to use Joomla as their website engine about a month ago, it was time to move on into something else. Besides my website skills, I was also hired because of my experience in marketing the product that my company is now representing. I guess my company is so lucky to have a two job roles for the price of one. Nevertheless, multitasking is a valuable skill set these days and it will score you higher than the rest of other job candidates if you are looking for jobs.

My other job role includes to open and find new opportunities for the company. This is to bring in more businesses for the company and add more revenues. This is quite crucial because if in order to grow the company further, new establishment is needed. This will create more job opportunities, more activities and benefit everyone who is actively involved. Of course, you need to love your job first. So far, I'm enjoying my new job.

So, where were we? Oh yeah, The Ritz Carlton. I found out about a Facilities Management Conference and asked the organizer if we could have a partnership in promoting our product and services. One thing for sure, an event company would always welcome sponsors. So, after some dealings on both the organizer and my company, we finally agreed upon co-sponsoring the event. I think it was a good bargain because the ticket price for 2 person for the conference itself cost almost the same price as the sponsorship investment.

The Ritz Carlton Hotel Jalan Imbi


The conference was held at The Ritz Carlton Business Centre located just behind Starhill. I didn't went into the conference room because I had to attend the sponsor table outside the room. Here is a list of what I like and what I don't like about The Ritz Carlton Business Centre:

What I like:

  1. The breakfast is exquisite, there are several types of tea bag selections, even the cup has lid on it. Not really sure what the honey is for (See the snapshot I've taken below).

  2. Afternoon tea break is awesome. They serve canned soda for refreshment. My stomache was always full when I was there

  3. They give you damp hand towel with lime flavour for your hand to feel fresh after lunch.

  4. The couches are so comfortable and the atmosphere is delightful


What I don't like:

  1. There is no parking at the Ritz Carlton itself except for jockey parking which cost RM50 if I'm not mistaken. The only parking for the place is at Starhill shopping complex. I parked at an unpaved parking area right across, cost me only RM4 per day.

  2. The toilet is so tiny for such a big area. I just can't believe a business place like that has such tiny toilet. Only 4 person can occupy the toilet at one particular time although I do like the aromatherapy candle they put next to the sink.



Pictures and snapshots taken using my Sony Ericsson W810i cameraphone:

The ground floor of The Ritz Carlton Business CentreThe Carlton Gourmet at the Ground FloorThe Ritz Carlton conference lobbyThe morning drinks servedTea bag selectionMmm..so yummy!!


I wonder when I'll be back there again for the food..

1 comment:

Gallivanter said...

I'll be heading over there later, I can't believe that the parking is shared between Ritz Carlton, JW Marriott and Starhill. Cheapos!