Saturday, September 15, 2007

Lenovo Malaysia Is Looking For Bloggers

I got a phone call this morning from Jenjobs.com and surprisingly, they're looking for a candidate for a job opportunity and for some reason, I am on their list. If only they had just called me up a couple of months back, I would have probably tried my luck on that job opportunity. So, you want to know what the job opportunity is, here you go:
Blog / Forum Monitoring and Outreach Agent
(Selangor - Petaling Jaya)

Responsibilities:

The outreach agent will be responsible to actively scan the web for customer or industry blogs and forums mentioning Lenovo products and experiences with them, utilizing combinations of generally available, and subscription based tools

  • Monitor activity on several leading third party forums, evaluating volume, content, and sentiment of posted threads related to Lenovo products and services.

  • Log findings and activities to facilitate weekly and monthly reporting.

  • Provide positive / negative sentiment ratings for each logged post / thread.

  • Provide statistics.

  • Following prescribed protocols, selectively respond to blogs, providing offers of assistance, with follow up to resolution via email with the blog owner.

  • Solicit and co-ordinate action plans to resolve through Lenovo sales, fulfillment, service, support, and customer relation teams as appropriate.

  • Assist and support posters on Lenovoblogs and lenovoforums when appropriate and required.


Requirements:
Strong written and spoken English skills are required, and secondary language skills in Chinese or Japanese are a strong benefit. Language skills in Spanish, German, or French would be considered valuable as well.

The candidate is familiar with blogging and may have their own personal blog, and / or is an active participant in an online forum (not necessarily computer related). The ideal candidate is already an active member in one or more forum communities or other social media, i.e. Myspace, Facebook, LinkedIn, a Wiki, etc.

I can hear the Jenjobs call lady tone of disappointment when I said that I am now not looking for any jobs at the moment since I had just been hired early this month. I guess, her commission just ran away but she e-mailed the details about the job to me anyway and asked me to let my blogging friends about this opportunity. Come to think about it, I don't really have any close blogging friend that I hang out with, well I guess this blog post will do right?

Some facts about Lenovo, the company that is offering the job opportunity. They are the fourth largest personal computer manufacturer in the world. Incorporated in Hong Kong, Lenovo produces desktop, laptop, server, handheld computers , imaging equipment and mobile phones. Basically, they bought over part of IBM and thus the Lenovo product lines is created.

So, let me just analyzed and anticipate the job that you'll have to do if let's say you agreed to accept the job (if you pass the interview of course). The first thing is, you don't really have to use any paper certificate which means, there are no paper-qualification involved. That's a good thing right? However, you need to have a good command of English verbally and writings because you'll need to present your reports to the team. If you have poor communication skills and all you are good at is e-mail, I don't think you'll cut out for this job. The second thing is, you'll definitely be spending countless of hours scouring the web on blogs and forum and find out how the market is. As a blogger, I know blogger does a damn good job in doing research on the web. Normally they are twice the speed of average people when they lay their fingers on the keyboard. It might be fun at first but trust me, you'll be burned out in a while. Well, that's just my opinion and how I feel but if you feel you are up for the job, it doesn't hurt to try. If you get lucky, you might even get a brand new Lenovo laptop for your job blogging needs..I think..hehe..

I did a quick search on Jobstreet, the position Blog / Forum Monitoring and Outreach Agent was advertised last month or contact me if you want to speak with the Jenjobs.com agent that called me.

1 comment:

Good Credit said...

I've been running small business for 2 years already and always had a trouble when separating my personal expenses and business ones, as I used one and the same credit card for both. Business credit card solved the problem plus I ordered additional cards for my employees for free, I found the idea at

5 percent back discover card

R56ma87de