Monday, September 03, 2007

Celebrating 50th Merdeka As A Student

I celebrate Merdeka every year. This year, after resigning from the digital design company where I've been working the past 6 months, I went straight to Shah Alam to meet up with Laadvamore. I was thinking about heading over to Putrajaya where the Malaysian International Fireworks Competition was held but when I heard on the radio that the traffic was horrible, I quickly changed my mind and settle with whatever was in Shah Alam.

Since I was a former student where Laadvamore is studying, it's no stranger of me to visit UiTM's stadium where the higher education ministry level for the 50th Merdeka celebration was held. Here's a few snapshots of the crowd over that night:




Now comes the dissapointing part, the firework display. It was so pathetic, the firework display outside of my bedroom window during some chinese celebration is a hundred time much better. Using my Sony Ericsson W810i cameraphone, just see it for yourself:




Of course, in order for you to enjoy firework display, you can't really experience it through a video shot. You have to be there yourselves. Actually, the Merdeka celebration is not about fireworks display, it's about patriotism and the love for the country. Still, there's plenty of fireworks display more for me to come.

No comments: