Tuesday, August 05, 2008

What Happened To Fasfik?

It seems that I’m clocking my car’s odometer a little bit sooner than I should. With the amount of traveling that I’m doing everyday, I would have to service my car at least once every 2 months instead of 3 months. There is one way to avoid this, move nearer to my office which is located about 40km from my house in KL.


Anyway, last weekend I went to Kepong where I used to go and service my car. I had noticed one of Fasfik’s service workshop in Sri Serdang had been closed for quite some time. I would have never thought Fasfik Kepong would have gone to the same process.



Fasfik Kepong Closed (August 2008)
Fasfik Kepong Closed (August 2008)
 

It’s a pity that such a nice location and a nice facility needed to be closed down. I suspect Fasfik is having a scaling issues whereby they tried to go big very quickly but find out that they are incapable of supplying enough resources. In businesses, there is always risk to be taken therefore I guess Fasfik would really have to make a decision whether to move forward and overcome their obstacles or just sell off their business like what Projet (Now being bought over by Shell) did.



I am quite sad to see them closed down however, my car needs to be serviced one way or the other. A few meters away from where Fasfik is located, is another service workshop. They’re currently having a promotion but it is only for old cars. Their normal package for my car starts at RM98 but I ended up paying RM178 because of other parts of my car that is slowly deteriorating. I should have brought my laptop because there’s free Wi-Fi while waiting in the customer’s waiting lounge.



AutoCare & Tyre (ACT) with Free Wi-Fi Available
AutoCare & Tyre (ACT) with Free Wi-Fi Available
 

This ACT Workshop is Very Clean
This ACT Workshop is Very Clean
 

The service was quite fast. In less than an hour, my car was serviced and running smoothly again. Now isn’t that money well spent? So much of me being so thrifty.