Saturday, August 30, 2008

Should I Change My Car For A Compact Car?

It's been a while since I've posted something about cars. On my way back from Terengganu, my family and I stop over at one of my cousin's house somewhere in Paka. While waiting for lunch to be served, I spent some time flipping through a few stacks of magazines. My cousin is a big fan of compact car. He converted his Kancil into a Mira. While I like things to remain exactly what they are, I do admire his enthusiasm to customize his car.



K-Kompak Magazine
K-Kompak Magazine
 

My cousin's car doesn't look like the above picture. Flipping through the magazine a little bit more, I found this article.



Kelisa Club.com 2nd Anniversary
Kelisa Club.com 2nd Anniversary
 

The magazine is already a year old but look who I found:



LadyAzurt and her friend
LadyAzurt and her friend
 

LadyAzurt is a blogger friend of mine (I've never met her in person yet). She was actively blogging before her lately seldom posting on her blog. A lot of her recent blog posting is more towards channeling her frustration from my opinion. Not that I’m criticizing her writings. I think she needs some cheering up and stop focusing on bad things in her line of work. Maybe what she can do is to cherish her fun moment by looking at fun and exciting activities she has done.



Anyway, I would buy a compact car if I could trade-in my red Iswara for a less monthly installment of what I am paying right now. Enjoy this piece of video review of the Perodua Kelisa done by Top Gear:



 

3 comments:

Afif said...

Dude, Kelisa is like so puny and your legs will be cramped in no time driving that. Plus once you get married and have kids you'll be needing a bigger car for your family. I suggest you get a real car like a Proton BLM or a 2nd hand Wira (at least) if you really don't have much budget. Kelisa or Kancil should be your last resort or only when you have another car already. Just my 2 cents.

azurt said...

uuuuuuuuuu.. nice one.. reviewing my blog huh.. good one! Thank you for the marketing strategy of yours... ehehhe..

i might say, u should buy vios, or honda city instead.. they're not that bad though. But, kelisa is worth of your cent (if only you want to make it as your 2nd car)....

Ady said...

They are right. I have owned a Kelisa for 4 years now and never regretted it. It was fine until the need for a bigger car comes. Fuel consumption is not that significantly low either. And on long journeys you feel your back cracking. I ain't getting any younger and so do you.

From a compact car like Iswara to a subcompact car is not so logical. I suggest you look for a better compact car, perhaps Japanese made like what Azurt suggested. Your pocket will be bleeding for a while but in the long run you'll have no regrets. Those newer cars do have improved MPG ratings. Look for reviews or ask your motorhead cousin for opinions.

Just my opinion ;-)