Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Trip To Pulau Tioman (Feb 2010)

In December 2009, I finally got married. I didn't blog about it because my father passed away on the same month just 10 days before my wedding. I lost interest on writing blog after that and it took me several months to recuperate myself and my family having to replace my father as the head of my family.

In February 2010, since my wife and I didn't go anywhere for honeymoon yet. We organized a last minute 3 days and 2 nights trip to Pulau Tioman. We selected a 3D/2N package from an advertisement on 88db.com and booked a return ticket Transnasional bus ticket from KL - Mersing. The hotel resort we booked was a RM700 budget package for 2 person from Sun Beach Resort Tioman Island. My only comment for the resort is to change their bed. I can feel the spring inside the mattress. One more thing, the room doesn't have a TV so be prepared to do your own activities inside your room there.

I'm not going to write in details of our entire journey and activities so I'll summarize in using a slideshow below:



Overall, it was an unforgettable honeymoon and we are looking for more trips for the next coming years.

4 comments:

Pulkit said...

Hey,I am going to Malaysia for 15 days in early Feb. Is it a good time of the year to visit Tioman? Will it be raining too much to enjoy the beach, and what is the visibility in water like?

Ashrufzz said...

This time of year is perfect to go to Tioman. I went there last year around February and it was an awesome experience. The beach water there is crystal clear and the snorkeling experience there is superb, that is if the boat man knows the right place though.

Pak Ali said...

indeed awesome, can't wait to go there again!

Bryan Norman said...

Yes, agreed, if it's awesome diving, beautiful beaches or just exquisite lounging you're after, Tioman will deliver. In spades.

But just a quick note to repeat Tioman visitors, or those wishing to go there in the future.

Since we go to Tioman quite regularly, we're seeing more and more travellers, especially from overseas, arriving at the Mersing jetty too late to catch their ferry, because it's full.

I think the reasons are:

1) The recent popularity boom Tioman has been enjoying.
2) The recent rule prohibiting passengers from sitting on the ferry sun-deck.
3) All other ferry types have discontinued, including the fast-ferries and the slow ferries, as well as the catamaran from Singapore

All this rhas esulted in a higher chance of passengers left stranded during the busy holiday spells and weekends.

In light of this, my advice to those who've booked a Tioman resort, or want to go to Tioman during the weekend or a public holiday: book your ferry tickets in advance so you won't need to worry about being stranded at the departure jetty due to the ferry for that day being already full.