Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Blog On Mobile

Once in a while, I browse the internet on my HTC Touch PDA. I have no interest yet in owning an iPhone because of the price so I make use of everything that I now own. Recently I've tried out Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini. It's an awesome piece of smartphone with amazing touch features.

There is a drawback when using mobile phone for browsing the net. Apart from having to pay for the data charges (that is assuming if you are not not subscribing to any data plan provided by your mobile carriers), the screen is just to small to look at all those amazing design and features a normal web browser can provide. Nevertheless, when using these tiny little small screens, we only want to read text or maybe some resized pictures or images.

Because of this, it would be best to provide your blog with tools to help people who loves your blog but only have time to read them on their mobiles. There's a solution for this, Onbile.



Whenever a mobile user logs, the javascript provided will detect whether you are browsing using a mobile phone or a normal browser. This would really help your mobile readers and encourage them to visit your blog more often.

The only issue I have is:

  • Only 2 pages of your title list will be available (I am guessing this would depend on your feed setting)

  • You can't revert back to your original layout once it's loaded on your smartphone



I am still going to try this tool for a while and see if suits my need or else I am going to remove it and search for another tool or Wordpress plugin.

2 comments:

Jayce said...

Thinking of install WordPress mobile version long time ago. But still no action. Because mobile version don't have ads. :P

Ashrufzz Reality Adventure » Blog Archive » My 2010 Blog Re-Cap | Hello 2011 said...

[...] My Blog On Mobile [...]