Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Malay Wedding Mania 2008

The past several years have seen a lot of my friends finally settle down and started their own family. Deep down inside of me, it hurts not to admit that I myself also wanting to get married. To make matters worse, my younger brother’s wedding is just next month and I will be busy helping him out along with my other family members. Aren’t it supposed to be the big brother getting married first? Oh well, I have plenty of excuses for that.

On Friday the 4th of July, I went to MidValley for the 2008 Malay Wedding Fair Exhibition. The event was organized by Urban Vibe and I was quite impressed by the number of exhibitors who had participated. I’ve actually started to take down notes and gathered a bunch of brochures to come out with a budgetary for my own wedding. The last time I went for a wedding event was last year at Plaza Alam Sentral Shah Alam but it was just a small one. I haven’t been doing thumbnails on my blog yet, so I’ll put one this time:

Pameran Pengantin 2008 di Mid Valley Exhibition CentreWedding Fashion Show at Mid Valley July 2008Pelamin 1Pelamin 2Adan PhotographyWedding Expo Booth
Pameran Pengantin Malaysia 2008 BannerKursus Perkahwinan
 

It seems like the financial numbers can really kill my financial well being. I’ll probably look like this once I get the total sum of what my budgetary projection will be like:

Me Thinking of my wallet
Me Thinking of my depleting wallet
 

A couple of months ago, I went to Nilai 3 and it is known as the “Malay Wedding Haven”. There’s every kind of wedding shops available over there and it's jam packed every weekend of public holidays. Here is another thumbnail of photos:

Nilai 3 - The Malay Wedding Supply HavenMalay Bridal Accessories Shop in Nilai 3
Fake Flower shop for wedding accessories at Nilai 3The busy street of Nilai 3 Shop lots
 

Honestly, I find that the price over at Nilai 3 is slightly higher. It is much more reasonable to buy it at the heart of Kuala Lumpur’s especially in Jalan TAR or Jalan Masjid India. Anyway, I think I’m going to leave the shopping part to my future wife as my pocket will definitely be wounded. Ouch!

3 comments:

IcedNyior said...

I laughed at your picture. HUrm, skrang mmg musim kawin ek? Seems like lots of my frens getting married.

Better put aside berpuluh2 ribu before even thinking of getting married :P

MQ said...

My SIL spent more than 20k for her daughter's wedding early August this year, (and that was for not so grand event, kat rumah je bukan in hotel or any dewan) not to forget the amount that the bride and groom paid for themselves for their own wedding attire, hantaran stuffs, wedding rings, bilik pengantin etc..huhu...hantaran now busuk2 pon RM10k, murah skit pon 9k..

If taken into account, it would be sufficient to pay for a downpayment for a terrace house..heh! But what to do, people said kawin sekali je..mesti puaskan hati semua pihak..hehe!

nilai3 said...

Hi, just dropped by and please allow me to share something useful to everyone here.

I have found some interesting site which is having useful shops layout at nilai 3. It helps those who want to shop in Nilai 3.

http://www.nilai-3.com/Nilai-3-All-Shops.html
http://www.nilai-3.com/Nilai-3-Textile-walk-shops.html