Thursday, May 04, 2006

Help! I Lost My Yahoo Account

I was busy chatting with a friend of mine while listening to Yahoo Music. Suddenly, a pop up from another friend of mine with a link stating that she has a new photo uploaded in her Yahoo Photos. A new Yahoo Login page is opened, without realizing that the page was actually a hoax, I entered my Yahoo ID and password. Instead of my friend's Yahoo Photos, I find my own Yahoo Photos opened up. I suspected that there was something wrong going on here.

I then quickly tried to change my account setting which was to change the password and to quickly log out. Unfortunately, in matter of minutes my Yahoo Messenger suddenly logged out and I was unable to log in using my ID. I tried numerous time to recover my account using the Forget your ID or password page. However, my effort became fruitless. I'm so furious, so I lodge a report to Yahoo to only received an automated reply from them. I replied to them again. So, now I'm crossing my fingers waiting for their reply.

I can't imagine how so many invaluable information I will lost as a result of losing my Yahoo account. Most importantly, my contacts especially on Yahoo Messenger. I'm so sad right now. I've checked out a few pages regarding this phishing attack and it has been happening since last year. So, I urge all of you to beware of such phishing sites imposing as Yahoo Services:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I wish all of you, happy surfing and beware of Phishing Sites!

No comments: