Saturday, September 09, 2006

I Waited 53 Days For My Car

I can't believe I've waited 53 days for my red Proton Iswara Aeroback 1.3 to get restored back to its working condition. That is equivalent to almost 2 months of waiting. On the 4th of July 2006, my car got robbed under the sunny daylight at the DBKL car park of KTM Komuter Segambut Station. You can read all about it here. My car is covered under Kurnia Motor Insurance since it is still under finance of a bank. I didn't fork out any money because I have agreed and gave the permission for the workshop appointed by the Kurnia to take care of my car.

After getting my car out of the police station, I waited patiently and made regular calls to the workshop who is charge of the process. Unfortunately, I was turned down regularly by the delay the Kurnia Insurance adjuster. The workshop told me that it is normal for that to happen and they are working hard to push them to make the claim approval quick. Well, that didn't happen. I'll summarize the entire wait I had to endure:
  • 5/7 - 31/7 (27 days)
  • 1/8 - 10/8 (10 days)
  • 11/8 (the day Kurnia approve my claim)
  • 12/8 - 26/7 (15 days of waiting for the appointed workshop to restore my car)
The claim that Kurnia Insurance awarded me was RM3800 gross. I don't really want to know how much is the exact cost the workshop spent for my car because I'll be wasting my time just to find that information. Beside, I haven't spent anything eversince the incident occured back in July. I just wanted to get my car back so that I can hit the road again. A piece of advice, better send an e-mail to Kurnia Insurance rather than calling them. For some reason, it's very difficult to get through their operators.

Look at the images I've compiled below:

My Proton Iswara Aeroback Restored 1
View from the rear
My Proton Iswara Aeroback Restored 2
The driver's seat view
My Proton Iswara Aeroback Restored 3
All done and nice.

I also updated and made a new gallery for the above pictures taken. You can access it using the links below:


My insurance coverage will be expiring by December 2006. I think I'm going to change insurance company due to my policy expiration. I recently find that there are so many motor insurance packages available and the banks are also offering such packages. The insurance industry is really taking off at such rapid pace these days. Unfortunately, I wish they pace up their process instead of taking such a long time. Mine was 37 days before the claim got approved after all the required documents were submitted.

One more thing was, a week after I've picked up my car from the workshop. I received a phone call from the workshop and they told me that I need to send the car back to their workshop for a re-inspection of the insurance company. So, I sent the car to them last Thursday. Kurnia Insurance procedures is really strange. I think it's time to change to another insurance company in hope for a better service.

In the future, I think I'm going to try my best to avoid any engagement that involve insurance companies.

No comments: