Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Attending Oracle SOA Training

What a great way to start the month of November with a fresh week of training. I can't really remember when was the last time I went for a week long training. The closest I went to was attending the Oracle Demand Generation Training at Sunway Hotel last September. As you've guessed it, lately I've been exposing myself a lot to Oracle. The way I see Oracle is that if MySQL open source database is a normal compact car where everybody can buy, Oracle database is a luxury car where only people with a lot of resources can afford to buy. The function is generally the same, it gets you to point A to point B but the features, performance and the experience are entirely different.

It doesn't really matter which product is the best or not, it is a matter of preferences. If I can afford to buy a BMW, I would definitely owned one. Unfortunately, I can only afford a basic car at the moment but I can still dream of a BMW nevertheless. Back to my Oracle training of course. The training was held at Oracle's HQ up in Level 38, Menara Citibank Kuala Lumpur. Check out their front desk:

 

I can only wish I am working with a huge corporation such as Oracle. It must be really tough trying to score a job there, don't you think?

Anyway, my trainer is a guy name Sachin, I am guessing he's from India from his thick Indian accent. Prior to this training, I have no idea what SOA or the longer version Service Oriented Architecture means. Even after reading Wikipedia, I still couldn't picture what SOA is all about. My trainer tried to give some clue on what SOA is all about but all I see is a bunch application pool represented by jargon linking with each other. I must give credit to Sachin although his presentation was a bit bored, he's quite a tech nerd when it comes to hands-on training which came in late in the afternoon since the Oracle JDeveloper installation file was almost 1GB and had to be copied manually from person to person. The requirement was 3GB of RAM for the training laptop just for the VMWare containing the SOA suite to run while I only have 1GB of RAM. Lucky there was an alternative.

 

The training class became more livelier when the hands-on approach began. With Nescafe coffee served, it was very enjoyable to crunch the tutorials given. Right up until my developed SOA scripts got corrupted and could not be deployed apart from the wireless networking changed setting. The journey continues tomorrow morning.

3 comments:

Ashrufzz Reality Adventure » Blog Archive » An Intro to Oracle Enterprise Single Sign On (ESSO) said...

[...] that Oracle Malaysia has moved from Citibank building near KLCC to The Garden Midvalley City since my last visit [...]

Syed Mahdzar said...

Dear Friends
I am looking for any company in Malaysia which have problems in Orcle Application ERP. What always happens they mistakenly select consultants or failed to resolve problems . If we are given the opportunity of course we will show all of them.
Thanks

jessycandy said...

Thanks for the good topic. Very useful information.
We IT hub Online Training are good in giving the oracle soa Training