Sunday, December 10, 2006

Kuala Lumpur Wordpress Meet Up

If you have installed Wordpress blogging software before or simply registered a blog on Wordpress.com (I've done it both), you must be very much familiar with the default template that Wordpress blogging software is using. It's called K2. One of the developers is Zeo, a Malaysian webmaster. He is organizing a Kuala Lumpur Malaysia Wordpress Meetup. Although this blog is not developed with Wordpress, I'm considering to migrate this blogger blog into a my own domain name (www.ashrufzz.com of course) using a shared self hosted Wordpress somewhere. The reason I'm still considering is because I don't have any budget to buy the domain and hosting plan since it'll cost me a minimum of RM65 a year. I can park my domain name using my company's shared hosting for free and I can save my money even more but anyway, I think I'll remain on free Blogger at the moment.

I'll check my schedule to see if I can come to the meetup. Eventhough I'm using Blogger, I blog using my company's blog using Wordpress blogging software and I loved them. Here's the detail of the meet up if you are interested:

Date: 16th December 2006 (A Saturday)
Time: 2.30pm
Place: Starbucks, Berjaya Time Square, Kuala Lumpur
Person to look up for: A guy with a Wordpress t-shirt (A big W)

1 comment:

Kiltak said...

Hey there, was checking out your blog via the profile link you left on[GAS].. if you are interested in wordpress, you might want to check this piece we wrote a while back:

Installing WordPress Locally Under Windows