Friday, August 04, 2006

Your BroadBand Connection Slow? Try Using This..

I lost count how many times I have complained about my internet connection. Lucky for me, since I'm using a laptop. I have these options to go online:
  • I have a wireless internet connection at home (WEP encrypted)
  • I have a wireless internet connection at my office (also WEP encrypted)
  • I have a wireless hotspot account using TMNet Hotspot
  • I have a free TimeNet account (There's a Star Buck just down at my office shopping mall building)
  • I can just go and connect to a free wireless internet connection at my favourite shopping malls around KL
However, I don't really like surfing the internet at public places so the 2 places I often online is at home and my office. Sometimes, well a lot of the time actually, the internet slows down. After reading what LiewCF wrote about OpenDNS, I tried and configured my wireless router. I hardly feel any difference but probably because of the psychological affect of what OpenDNS has wrote, it does feel a bit quicker. You can try OpenDNS for yourself:


Happy safe surfing..

1 comment:

Khyrel said...

wah, long time no hear from u

i think airzed is better than tmnet and timenet hotspot because:
-many hotspot locations
-it collaborates with maxis' utopia wlan
-can get one day unlimited access at rm5 or for one month rm30
-available at almost all franchising business outlets especially coffee bean & tea leaf and secret recipe and dome and delifrance and... do i need to say all? (tho not at most starbucks and burget kings)
-faster connection than timenet and tmnet as far as i have experienced

and subscribing to tmnet hotspot is damn money-wasting since its charged monthly to the streamyx bill and no many hotspots available. it should be free like timenet or else got to create more and more locations. only then people would start liking the service

OpenDNS? is it safe? an acquaintance of mine used to get virus attack and got hacked, as she claimed. is it really safe? what internet security u reckon?

Lokijuhy