Thursday, August 17, 2006

My Dell Laptop Survived The Battery Recall

A colleague of mine last week asked around if there was anyone that is using a Dell laptop. He told me that Dell was recalling back laptops. I thought it was no big deal until I read this. I then immediately checked my laptop to see if my Dell Inspiron 630m battery needs to be handed over or not. I wasn't so happy if I needed to hand over my stuff to someone because I know I wouldn't get it back so soon. It is almost like my car where it has been stored in a warehouse waiting for my insurance claim repair for more than a month already. Now the car workshop couldn't give me a time estimation over my car repair eventhough they are for sure will get the money from the insurance company. Companies are so corrupted these days.

Back to Dell Laptops. From my experience, laptops can get very hot when they are crunching a lot of datas. They also get hot when you use the CD ROM and if the air ventilation on the side near the CPU is blocked. If you live in a country where the atmosphere has a high level of humidity, it can get even hotter. So, it is recommended that you use your computer or laptop in an air conditioned room if you want maximum performance. Well, that would compromise my mobility because in my bedroom, I don't have air conditioner, only a small fan.

Never mind that. Here's a few shots of my Dell Laptop Inspiron 630m and let's see if my battery needs to be replaced or not:



My Dell Laptop Model


I've removed my battery to check out the battery model.

Logged on to Dell Battery Recall.


Compared my Dell laptop battery and..


my Dell laptop battery doesn't match.

So, I don't have to return my laptop and I'm saved by a Korean battery. I happen to love watching to Korean Soap Drama. I've never noticed that my laptop battery is made in Korea. Now I know. Funny how we didn't even notice the thing in front of us until when something happen.

3 comments:

coffee81 said...

It always happen to me too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking.

Btw, I had around 20 laptops at the office that could have been affected by this recall, but strangely, none of them have to be replaced..

Bleah! A new battery would have been nice, especially when thinking that a lot of old ones do not last as long as they used to.

Azer Mantessa said...

wow, thx for the info as mine is dell latitude d510