Saturday, August 20, 2005

Domain??

When I first heard that word, I have no idea what it is. In the internet world, it's a place where a website is located in, also abbreviated as URL. English can be rather confusing even for a pure Englishmen themselves.

Anyway, let's move on. I've always wanted to have a dot com domain. I don't have one yet because I'm not sure what 'name' to buy yet. Still I've purchased a few for my company and a few clients. At first, I thought I can these domains only by using a credit card, however I've found a way to buy them without a use of a credit card. The key is to find the right people and contact them. The tools are there in front of us, the only thing you need to do is find it harder.

I have this fear of afraid to meet other people just because of some odd bad experience and lame old stories our folk used to tell us. I'm not going to inherit that feeling to my kids (when I have one of course) because its not the right thing to do. I've gotten sidetrack, I'm a big fan of personal development kind of stuff.

Okay..let's take a look on the transaction made to have one of my client's domain name active:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

By the way, registering a domain is quite cheap..only if you know where these cheap stuff are selling. It's like going shopping, you need to know where there is a sale or not. For below RM50 (USD14..there's an even cheaper option and I can show you where if you are interested, if I'm not mistaken below USD6), you can buy one of these dot com domain. You may wondering if I'm a cheapscale, well I would like to see it this way, "The more you can save, the more you profit"..get it??

It doesn't matter if it's cheap or expensive, what is more important is, "Is it practical for use?" and "Are you happy with it?". Have a pleasant weekend.

P/S: I'm going to Penang for a special date..hehe..give you an update when I get back.. ;-)

1 comment:

lymeq said...

where to get cheap domain eh.i was thinking of getting one myself,but maintaning a domain is a lot of work right.maybe i'll consider it in the near future.