Sunday, July 10, 2005

Last week, I traveled to Butterworth in a bus. This week, I travelled all over the world in front of my PC. Last month, the search engine Giant Google launched a very amazing software. It's called Google Earth. You can download the software at this link, http://earth.google.com/. I just download mine this morning and I explored the globe for 2 hours straight beginning with my own backyard. The image is not so detail but it's good enough for me. Here's some screenshot I took:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yeah, that's Malaysia alright. A bit cloudy here and there. Last night's rain was a bit scary here in KL but I slept peacefully anyway.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A close up at KL City Area.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I got bored, so I went to New York. The feature there is amazing, it has a 3D building modeling.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Went to London to find some bomb. Cannot see clearly..hehe..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The UK, I also went to Sunderland where I went to Primary School when I was 6. I had no clue of the place.

In summary, this is an amazing software I've seen so far. I dislike GIS Software (I'm an AutoCAD,GIS user before)for it's complexity. The cons would be you need to have a decent hardware for your PC an a broadband connection or else you're not going to be anywhere plus, it's a 10MB download file to install. The most interesting part is, anyone here remembers the Movie "The Matrix" when Neo was loaded into the matrix world. It's how the software displays when you search for a city. Anyway kudos to Google for developing such promising software and best of all, it's FREE. I love Freebies...hehe...

No comments: