Wednesday, July 21, 2004

The quickest way to obtain information is by reading. I heard that quote on a television while I was having breakfast this morning. Can't remember who said that but the point is, reading is the most fastest way to get informations.
I remember a time when I was crazy to learn about this new technique to 'speed reading'. I went for a course titled, 'Advanced Reading Course', they taught me how to read faster than before, not reading with high speed. The technique is very simple, if you can eliminate the internal voice while you're reading, then you'll definitely read faster.
With immense reading materials we have today, it's impossible to absorb all the information. Let's take an example. You read newspaper everyday, in the newspaper, there are different sections inside it. What you'll do is, you'll scan the entire page for words or pictures. What you're doing now is being specific. You filter out the things you don't want to know. It's nearly the same thing about speed reading, you first scan the document that you're going to read for example, the newspaper, you only read the news that you're interested. If you want to read more, I'll dedicate a webpage just for this subject later. Cheers..

No comments: